Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our Trip To Downtown Detroit

Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I know I should have put these pictures on here sooner but I really haven't had the time. These are from when my sister Jane was here in the middle of October and she wanted to go see downtown Detroit. Jane lives in Florida and she couldn't ever remember going downtown so we went.


Just some places downtown.
Detroit Michigan



Detroit Michigan

Detroit Michigan
Detroit Michigan

Belle Isle Dossin Great Lakes Museum.
Belle Isle's Dossin Great Lakes Museum


Belle Isle's Dossin Great Lakes Museum





Belle Isle Detroit Michigan The Scott Fountain, Belle Isle Conservatory, General Alpheus Williams Statue.

Belle Isle Detroit MichiganBelle Isle Detroit Michigan

Detroit Michigan Greektown





Elmwood Cemetery.

In 1846 Elmwood had its first burial.
I think this is the most beautiful Cemetery I have ever been to. I know what your thinking why would I say that and how many Cemeteries have I been too. Well growing up my dad had joined the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) and every Veterans Day we would go to the parade and then to the Cemeteries and put flags on the graves of the Veterans. You know I don't even know if they do that anymore. The trees in this cemetery are just beautiful.

Detroit Michigan Elmwood Cemetery

Detroit Michigan Elmwood Cemetery



At Hart Plaza Gateway to Freedom, The Detroit Princess and Haley
Hart Plaza
Dodge Fountain at Hart Plaza
Hart Plaza
Sorry about the pictures not all showing up so just double click on them and that will take you to my Flickr.
Well I hope you enjoyed the little trip downtown and some other great places too. Have a wonderful day.

1 Wonderful Comments From Wonderful Friends:

Judy said...

My goodness...I live in MI too and I haven't been to most of these places. Thanks for the cyber visit ! I had to peek after getting the halloween cluster goodie. TY again !

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Just Being Crafty I hope you enjoyed it here.