Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back To School

Sunday, August 24, 2008
Well we had a wonderful summer and now Emily has to go back to college today. Emily attends EMU (Eastern Michigan University) and this is her second year. Band camp starts a week early which is a blessing because on moving in day, there is not that many people there. This is Emily all excited to move back in.


Haley went with Emily because the van was packed!!!I think they enjoy being together. If I would have thought about it I would have taken picture's of them unloading the van and the car. I can't believed all the stuff she took with her it's not like she can't come home we only live about an hour away. So this is her dorm room.Don't you just love the little monkey on the table she found him at a church sale last weekend. Emily is sharing this dorm room with 3 other girls. And this is where she will be sleeping.
and that's Jimmy, one of Emily's very best friend's. Well we got everything unpacked, and we said our goodbyes and so far I haven't gotten a call saying that she has forgot anything
( my baby is all grown up). We will be back to EMU next weekend for the band picnic and than again for the football games. I know this is a terrible thing to say but I only go to the games to watch her play. (I know I'm so bad) Football is just not my thing.
It is very hard to deal with your child packing everything up and moving away and last year it was a little rough on me but this year I think I'm gonna do better because as she is growing so am I.

2 Wonderful Comments From Wonderful Friends:

Adeline's Shabby Cottage said...

Girl I thought I changed my layout alot!! I love it!! I dread the time that my girls will be off to college. I have a hard time w/elementary and jr. high lol!!

Get over here and enter my give away!!
xoxo,
Brittany

Miss Rhea said...

Awwwwwwwwwwe, sending you a BIG hug. I know how you feel. Mine moved out last year and I hardly ever get to see him and he lives two miles away. lol !! Cant wait till he marries and his wife will make him Call His Mother !!! lol !! :) Your daughter will have so much fun though. This is the time of her life. And she does have to cute Monkey too. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Just Being Crafty I hope you enjoyed it here.