Thursday, July 31, 2008

Show Me Your Form

Thursday, July 31, 2008
I'm so excited to participate in this wonderful event I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful dress forms out there. I have posted about my dress form before (Izabella) and that my husband found her for me at a tag sale for only $30.00. Vince bought it for me because he knew that I had been wanting one so I could start sewing clothes he didn't even know that she was adjustable and that she was my size. My girls and I call her my husbands girlfriend and I named her Izabella.

I know some things should be left vintage but Izabella told me that she wanted to be young and pretty so I decided to send her to my spa to freshen her up.I gave her a body lift.


She spent 3 days there and she came back looking like this.


Izabella said she feels like she's 18 again and I think my spa did wonders for her she's Beautiful!!! I've been wanting to make her a dress you can read about it here. The Dress!!!


Call me crazy for buying her a wedding dress but she just had to have it!! I was a little worried about my husband seeing this dress because wedding dresses cost a lot of money and I did get this from the thrift store and he knows I buy things to take apart to make other things and this is what he said, are you gonna take it apart to make something else and I said I don't know yet and he said that I shouldn't because she looks very pretty in that dress (can you believe that a man would say that) so now Izabella has been standing in our living room all week with her wedding dress on he thinks I should leave her there.(what a guy) When I get my craft room back into shape that's were she is going.
I also have another little dress form my husband bought me

I named her Lilly and I use her to show off the little bonnets I make.



This one I found at the thrift store.

I named her Ellie and I want to replace her fabric too.
This one is the best dress form EVER!!!! Her name is Emily.


we aren't done with her yet I need to find a stand for her hopefully we will have her done soon. Well I hope you all enjoyed my dress forms and now I'm off to see all of yours.
I would like to thank tiffany of Shabby Scraps for having this wonderful party and you can visit more dress forms there. Have a wonderful day.
Kathy

21 Wonderful Comments From Wonderful Friends:

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Love your pretty forms, what a transformation of the one your husband brought home! I have a new form that has been covered in old barkcloth. xo, suzy

danasmith said...

I love your awesome dress forms! Love how you doctored her up!!
Dana
www.TheThingsILove.typepad.com

Mermaid Queen said...

Great looking dress forms! The surgery you performed on her was well done! ~Martha

Rosa said...

Your dress forms are great, including the very lifelike at the end!
Rosa

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

What a beautiful job you did revamping your dress form! She is beautiful!! Enjoyed your pictures and blog! ~ xo ~ Joy

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Wonder if your spa could do that much for me? She looks really beautiful now and so nice that she communicates with you. You have a great husband, by the way. Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Alisa said...

Izabella is beautiful! Can your spa do that for me?! ;)

ceekay said...

Great post. You have some great dress forms.

Saucy said...

Emily is my favourite of all your forms today, but Izabella surely benefitted from her time at the spa. She looks wonderful.

cherished*vintage said...

What a terrific hubby you have! How nice he was to bring home a couple forms for you. Your makeover on Izabelle turned out beautifully!
-Karoline

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

Hilarious!

M^..^

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Your forms are wonderful! The wedding dress is divine! What a nice collection you have,

Kitty

The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Oh Kathy! Izabella is gorgeous! You did a fantastic spa makeover on her. I think the wedding dress is great and you are not crazy, esp. if YOU love it and it makes YOU happy. Emily is such a doll, love her poses! Can't wait to see the finished form. I've been wanting to make one so bad.
Your mini forms are cute too.

I've never heard your blog's song before. It's great.
Have a great weekend!
Nikki

Jenn said...

Wow... that man is a keeper that's all I can say. If my hubby brought home a dress form for me I think I would faint!

tiffany~shabbyscraps said...

Looks like Izabella came back from the spa looking like a million bucks! I love her makeover!
Thanks for sharing today, and helping save Nadia from the fire pit!
xoxo, Tiffany

Carla said...

I think we should nominate your husband for the "most understanding man with a dress form-loving wife" award. Nice makeover, too.

ZanyMayd said...

Your Izabella is Beautiful ~ what a change..... thanks for stopping by to see "Lucy" I Love meeting Other Bloggers~
cheryl

Sharon said...

Miss Izabella is perfection now.

Pamela Jane said...

Such a lovely idea it was to rejuvenate your dress form -- since you can actually use her, she deserves it. Look how her personality is shining through :).

Cathy said...

What a wonderful transformation! Izabella looks wonderful! I wish a spa could do that for me!

Cathy :)

Adeline's Shabby Cottage said...

Hey I'm sending you my dress form....she needs a makeover DESPERATELY!! You did an awesome job (as usual) on the one your hubby brought home! And if you have any duct tape left from the form at the end...well...I have 2 "forms" I would love to use it on. Just not in that manner lol!
xoxo,
Brittany

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Just Being Crafty I hope you enjoyed it here.