Sunday, June 8, 2008

Trash To Treasure

Sunday, June 8, 2008





This weeks theme is Trash to Treasure and this is right up my alley. I love junk stores and Church sales and even finding things in the trash. I don't have a lot of before pictures but I sure do have afters. If you want to see more Trash To Treasure's you can find them here.http://flickr.com/photos/leesiebella/ and Thank you so much to Analise for hosting this week.

Well lets get started some of these are old but I still have them so I'm gonna show them .
This is a wing back chair that I got from the Salvation Army it had really big ugly flowers on it but I reupholstered it and this was the first time I did anything like that. I don't think it turned out to bad for my first time. Right now this one is sitting in the basement waiting to be recovered again.


This love seat also came from the Salvation Army it was blue and the fabric was shot so I thought I would redo this one too. This is how far I got it done and I'm not happy with the purple fabric anymore so it sits in my basement waiting for me to find the perfect fabric for it. I'm still trying to find the fabric.




This is one of my sideboards that came from the Salvation Army and it was brown and I use to have it in my basement but I had the ideal of cutting off the legs and using it as a window seat for my living room and I gave it a fresh coat of cottage white paint. I still need to finish my cushion for it. Sorry the picture isn't that great.
This is my other sideboard and china cabinet it was giving to me by a friend.

So of course I painted them cottage white.



This cabinet my husband found it in the trash. It got a coat of cottage white paint too. I keep all my sewing things in here I love the side cabinet because my sewing machines fit great in there.

My kitchen table and chairs came from a garage sale, the table was that country blue and the chairs were brown so I painted them what color (cottage white) haha Also did the fabric on the chairs.

This little table came from the trash. My daughters girlfriends neighbor was throwing it out so I asked her to ask them if I could have it and they said it was mine so I just put a fresh coat of paint on it.



Someone had made this cabinet for a gun cabinet and my husband found it in the trash so he added shelves. This cabinet has been painted so many times, but from now on it's gonna stay cottage white.

This is Izabella, my husband found her at a tag sale for $30.00 and she was looking a little old so...




I gave her a new life. Now she's young and beautiful.


This mirror was my husbands grandfathers and it was brown so I just gave it a fresh coat of paint and now it hangs in my bathroom downstairs.



This hutch my husband built with wood he found in the trash.





This picture isn't that good. The brown table my husband found in the trash and I haven't done anything with it yet. I do want to paint it cottage white but I don't think my husband would be to happy with that.
This little shelf my girlfriend Anna made (she is very talented) and she didn't want it anymore so I just turned it sideways and put all the kids pictures in it.

I needed a table for my laundry room and my sister in law needed a cushion done for a chair in her living room so we barred. I made the cushion for her and she had a aquarium stand that she wasn't using anymore but it didn't have a top or bottom so my husband built the top and bottom now I have a big table in my laundry room.


This chandelier was a gift from my mother in law she had received 2 of these from a lady she knows. This chandelier is very old and it still has all its original crystals so I put a little paint on it because it was that bronze color and I bought shades for it but I did redo the fabric on the shades. Oh yeah don't look at the dust on it.


This lamp came from the thrift store and I think it's to cute to do anything to it.
This little table came from a garage sale so I cut out some embossed wallpaper flowers glued them on and painted it. You have to enlarge the picture to see the little flowers.




Well I think I better stop because you'll be here all day . Thanks so much for stopping bye and letting me share all my wonderful finds with you. Now I'm off to see all yours. Have a beautiful day.



18 Wonderful Comments From Wonderful Friends:

Margo said...

WOW! So many great ideas and inspiration! I especially like the sideboard turned into a window seat. And the body form looks beautiful with the flowery fabric!
Margo

pinkroses said...

Good Grief...you are the queen of projects! I love all you have done, and I am a big fan of cottage white too! I am so impressed with your reupholstering...the mannequin looks like a million bucks, and the chandelier is fabulous :) Thanks for sharing! suzanne duda

rosechicfriends said...

Kathy,
You have some very amazing pieces! WOW is all I can say!

Thanks for sharing....Lorena

Elly said...

Thanks for sharing all these lovely pics!!! I love all the white furniture! It looks so fresh! I've painted a lot of furniture white too, and I still like it very much!

Lisa M said...

Wow, so many things to look at! I have to say my favorite is the window seat that used to be a side table. Fabulous idea!

Karen said...

Wow!!! You have been a busy gal! Everything is gorgeous! You gals in blogland are inspiring me to get that paint out and do those chairs of mine right away! They do look so nice with the matching table. Well done!!!

Karen at Ciderantiques

Mya said...

Wow you are so wonderful at refabing furniture. What an awesome job. Everything looks wonderful.
-Mya

Di said...

You are certainly the queen of trash to treasure! So many pretty redone items. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sunday! Di

leesiebella said...

HI Kathy~

You have so many great treasures! I love the china cabinet make-over! Looks beautiful!

Thanks for sharing today!
xo
Analise

dede warren said...

My good lord, you could open a shoppe with all of your makeovers! You are a wonder with white paint, I'm loving it all. Three cheers for you!

Melissa said...

Girl, you have great stuff! Thanks for sharing all those fab photos. You are definitely a busy bee!
Have a great week!

Cami said...

Well, aren't you the talented one?!!! Love the sideboard w/ matching china cabinet I must say. Love how the white brings out the lines. And your mannequin: holy moly that's cool! I have a large collection of dress forms and have never thought of recovering them. I think I'm clever when I switch out vintage hats/dresses/jewelry!!! Thanks for SO MUCH INSPIRATION!

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

So many great finds! Finding old furniture is wonderful! I've done my share of dragging pieces home and refurbishing them! I remember one day when I was 8 months pregnant I found an old wood patio piece that was large and heavy. I don't know how I did it, but I managed to load it into the back of our Suburban and also unloaded into our garage. The thrill of the find must have given me the adrenalin and strength I needed!

The Rose Cottage said...

oooooo I love so many of your treasures, but especially the cabinet your friend gave you, it looks beautiful painted and shabby white :)
Great to hear your tests came out clean too :)

Jeanie said...

I love your furniture! I have to hit Salvation Army and see if I can be as lucky as you are! I'm inspired!

Pinkie Denise said...

Hello Kathy,
I just love your furniture re do's. They are wonderful and you did a great job! I have so many projects, I love seeing some complete. I love you
dress form covered in fabric what a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing Pinkie Denise

miss gracies house said...

Such a sweet post about your sister-you are blessed!
Great treasures too- I especially like the ones with fabric-I don't sew! So good job-darling dress form-I love it!
Have a good week-see ya next week!
Rene'

Charmingdesigns said...

Wow, you did such a nice job. I use to have a few similar pieces...which I still had them!! Laurie

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Just Being Crafty I hope you enjoyed it here.