Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thyroid Cancer

Thursday, May 29, 2008
Well I haven't been up to doing to much this week. I'm on a special diet for a body scan I have to do next week. I had my thyroid removed 6 years ago and they found cancer. I've been clean for 5 years now and my Doctor just wants to do one more scan so for me it's the diet from Hell. No dairy and low sodium, the low sodium I can handle, its the no dairy I have a problem with. When I've done this diet before I had to be on it for a month before my scan and no thyroid pills which was really bad because I didn't want to do anything but sleep, but this time I can keep taking my pills but I still want to sleep. I think that's because I stopped drinking Pepsi. I would wake up every morning and have my 2 cups of coffee with milk and then I would drink Pepsi till I went to bed. The only good thing out of this so far is that I lost 7 pounds. My Mother had her thyroid removed but she didn't have cancer and my sister also had thyroid problems. My husband has Hasimotos which means both of our girls are likely to have thyroid problems. Next week for me is going to be very busy. Monday I have to have lab work and my first injection, Tuesday I have to have another injection, Wednesday I have to have Radioactive Iodine, Thursday I get the day off, Friday I have the body scan and more lab work. It's really not that bad but I hate the body scan that big machine going from your toes to your head and its so close to your face like 3 inches away very scary. Well wish me luck!!

5 Wonderful Comments From Wonderful Friends:

Cami said...

Good luck w/ your scan. My Dr. figured out I had thyroid issues and put me on armour thyroid. How many mg do you normally take? I don't notice a difference from day to day if I take it or not. I didn't have any symptoms either other than gaining about 20 lbs over the last 5 years, but I attributed it to grief over my Mom's death and heading for 40. Again, I send my best wishes.

My Crafty Little Page said...

Best of luck to you on your tests. Technology is amazing and can save our lives but the process can be excruciating. You're in my prayers. Nancy

Melissa said...

I'm sending good thoughts your way for your tests. Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I didn't make it around last week to see eveyone's china,silver and crystal, but I just took a peek at yours and love it all. LOVE the beautiful crystal jars especially! Happy Day!

Counting Your Blessings said...

Praying with you... Polly

Adeline's Shabby Cottage said...

Oh no dairy...wow!! I hope everything goes ok with your tests.

Big hugs,
Brittany

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Just Being Crafty I hope you enjoyed it here.