Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Petticoat & Bloomer's

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Petticoat & Bloomer's
Originally uploaded by KATHY JUG
Well today I finished Izabella's Bloomer's and Petticoat and I have to say that I'm not happy about it. I always think I can do better and thats gets me into trouble. I try and try but it still looks like this. I see beautiful Doll clothes everywhere and I wonder why I can't make them. Izabella's petticoat I don't like because of the elastic waist I couldn't find a pattern with a wasitband and I think that would look so much better and I'm not that talented to make one myself and if I tried it would take me days. The Bloomer's are a hole another story I've made 4 pairs and this is what I ended up with. One pair I made I using elastic at the knees which wasn't good for Izabella because her knees are wrap in tape because she is broken, I know she is for show and not for playing with and nobody is gonna underdress her
but trying the bloomers on and off and fixing this and that, its alot of wear on her.

This is the first pair of Bloomer's that I made for her and then the lace I used was to big for her. I've seen the elastic used both ways on the inside and on the outside of the fabric I like the outside better but I can't figure out how to do it or how to close the pant leg (someone just shoot me. I really want this outfit to be special for Kim because this was her Grandmothers Doll.



This is the Bloomer's that I'm sticking with (well for now hahahaha.
I would still love to use the elastic just below her knees and if anyone has any advice on how to do that for the outside of the fabric or has a pattern I could use with a wasitband (Bloomer's pants whatever doesn't matter what size) I would love you forever.
Please just leave me a comment. Thank You!!!!!


0 Wonderful Comments From Wonderful Friends:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Just Being Crafty I hope you enjoyed it here.