Monday, April 7, 2008

IZABELLA'S DRESS FORM MAKEOVER

Monday, April 7, 2008

HELP IZABELLA
Originally uploaded by KATHY JUG
Well today I started taking Izabella apart and putting fabric on her.
I ended up just using cotton on her. I just wanted to make her look pretty. My husband got her from a tag sale and he only paid $30.00 for her and she is even my size which that really doesn't matter because I really don't sew to many clothes. I want to starting sewing clothes now because she looks so pretty and she not even done yet.
I got almost all of her done today!!!!! All I have left to do on her is all her neck parts and paint her stand. Then I can start sewing for me!!!

These pictures are step by step after removing the fabric.



After I did these two pieces I notice that she had bumps in some spots so then I put batting on her. I think she looks much better with batting. I don't know if that was the right thing to do because now she's a different size but I really don't think that will matter much. Tomorrow I'm gonna redo these two pieces.







The butts right side I'm not happy with I need to redo the one side because its not tight enough.



After doing all these pieces I remember I had this little mini iron that work great on the edges.





So this is what I have done so far and hopefully my husband can help me take out the rivets tomorrow and then I can paint her stand. Its been a long day so until tomorrow have a great night. Oh I almost forgot to tell you that I used almost 2 yards of fabric and a half bag of glue sticks (I don't know if using glues sticks was a good ideal but so far so good and it was all I had).

0 Wonderful Comments From Wonderful Friends:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Just Being Crafty I hope you enjoyed it here.